Thursday, October 13, 2016

Eat Drink Man Woman Voiceover Revision

(silence for first part of scene until he cuts open fish)
The most challenging part of preparing this meal is skinning and gutting the fish. Though technical and precise, I have been preparing Oil Fish since I was ten, with my dad. Making this dish now is second nature.
I have three young daughters, and I hope to teach them how to prepare my favorite meals. This next dish, I taught myself to make, and is my eldest daughter’s favorite. First I cut the peppers, then chop the bacon and onions. Next I boil the meat then let it rest and cool. Then I put the vegetables in my steamer, which I got from my dad as a gift. This not only heats the vegetables, but makes them soft and flavorful.  
For my next dish, I need chicken. (silence while he gets chicken) Yes, this is a live chicken which I have had for a few months in the cage in my yard. The freshest ingredients make the best dishes.
Presentation is everything. No one will want to eat your dish if it does not look appetizing, no matter how good the taste.
For this next dish, the hardest part is pulling of the frog legs. They are stubborn and really hard to separate from the body. I cook the frog legs by letting them simmer in broth seasoned with light spices. To make my chicken broth, I let the raw chicken and boiling water rest in a pot for a few hours. For my dumplings, I take time and care to roll my dough and shape it into a perfect circle before adding the filling, made of pork and Chinese cabbage.




1 comment: