Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Heading Home Pie

I am going to name my pie Heading Home Pie because that is what is dominating my life right now: thinking about going home to see my family. I am going to line the pan with a thick layer of crust and fill the center with a mixture of crushed cranberries and brown sugar. I am going to put a layer of weaved dough on top to give it that classic and traditional look, perfect for the holidays. Then I will top with a puff of whipped cream and sprinkled with pumpkin seasoning. I want to make my pie Thanksgiving and fall themed in anticipation for the holidays.

My pie is created from my feeling of anticipation and excitement of going home and for the holidays. Fall and the holidays are my favorite times of the year because my whole family comes together to celebrate seeing each other and staying close. It’s during the holidays when I fully appreciate my family and friends for all they have done for me, so I want to make this pie in anticipation of my favorite time.  

1 comment: